If you lost copies of your prior year tax returns in the fire:

  • Request copies of your Federal Income Tax Returns by filing Form 4506 Request for Copy of Tax Return with the IRS. If you write “California Wildfires” in red ink at the top, the IRS will waive the usual fees and expedite requests for copies for individual impacted by the fires.


  • Request copies of your California Income Tax returns, by filing Form FTB 3516 Request for Copy of Income Tax Return.  There is no charge if you are a victim of the wildfires. If you have a MyFTB account you may be able to access copies there — for more information on MyFTB, click HERE.